ric #43 & Retro Sketches #79

September 4, 2013

Today I have a masculine birthday card to share with you.  I was totally inspired by this weeks Runway Inspired Challenge (ric #43).


I loved the colors (yellow, black and gray) and the grid pattern on the background. Here is my take.


I loosely followed the Retro Sketch #79. As I don't have a grid pattern stamp, I used a circle pattern stamp (Impression Obsession). I stamped it onto a piece of black cardstock and white embossed, then trimmed and rounded the corners. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I also used a zig zag BG stamp (Hero Arts) and a scattered dots stamp (Impression Obsession) to add some texture to the banners.


 And here is a photo of the inside.


I'm also entering this card to the Sentiment-al Recipe Swap over at the Catered Crop blog.

Thank you for stopping by!!

11 comments:

  1. Oooh....fabulous! Love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a complete sucker for yellow and black so this caught my eye straight away - fab take on the sketch and I love how your background paper almost replicates the one in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card, Torico! The circle pattern works perfectly to reflect the inspiration, even being circles and not squares. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this retro card, Torico! WOW! SO stylish!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! In my faves to use for my next "masculine" occasion! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sharp card Torico! Love the bold circle background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore your play with colors and patterns! It's absolutely beautiful! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Modern and just awesome! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bg paper you used -- very fun card~

    ReplyDelete