Retro Sketches #111

April 23, 2014

My inspiration for today's card came from the Retro Sketches #111 and THIS photo I pinned a few days ago.



I knew that the most interesting part of the sketch was the angled panel. But, as I'm a kind of precise person, sometimes an angled element makes me feel uncomfortable. Ha ha! So I had to twist the sketch a little.;)


The card stocks I used were Taffy (Bazzill), Hot Fudge (MFT), and Simply Chartreuse (PTI). The top and bottom panels were embossed with a Star Spangled Impression Plate (PTI). As you see in the second photo, I die cut five  "hello"s (four were from Hot Fudge and one was from Simply Chartreuse) and stacked them up. I stamped a stripe pattern from Washi Pattern set (MFT) with Versa Mark ink.
I added a bit of ribbon and a few enamel dots to embellish my card.

Thank you for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and a great take on the sketch - you are a crafting genius! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combo and the texture on this card, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous take on the sketch and lovely colours!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, I love the colors and the hello die cut stands out so well.

    ReplyDelete