Little Light

May 22, 2014

I combined two inspiration challenges for today's card, Cue For The Monday Blues #18 and Runway Inspired Challenge #60.


The peg board and the desk light from the Cure For The Monday Blues challenge made me decide to use a polkadot pattern die (Sizzix) and Lights Out stamp set (Mama Elephant). And I pulled the colors - grey, yellow, and light pink - from the Runway Inspired Challenge. I also used this weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch (SSSC220).


I stamped a light bulb from Lights Out set with Butter Bar (Hero Arts) and Real Black (Versa Craft), then I cut it out with scissors. (I have to buy the coordinating dies next time!) I added some Frosted Lace Stickles and Glossy Accents on it.
The focal panel was cut out from Soft Stone card stock using a 3x4" die from Sizzix Overall Patterns die set. The sentiment was stamped on an Insulation Pink banner on which I stamped Grid Background pattern (LOVE it!!) in Pink Lemonade (MFT).
For the background panel I used Grid Background stamp again, and this time I used Wet Cement ink (Hero Arts).
To finish off the card I rounded the corners.

Thank you for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card Torico! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love the diecut card & the cute stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant combination of the challenges and a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one totally made me giggle and squeal with glee!! So so cute, the die is *perfect* (I really must get that!!), and I absolutely love that bright pop from the lightbulb!! Perfect take on the inspiration!! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card...love the sentiment and your design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I love how you have combined both challenge inspirations to create this lovely card! :) Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete