Retro Sketches #116

May 26, 2014

Today I'd like to share two cards I made based on the Retro Sketches #116.




The first card is a masculine card. The card stocks I used are Steel Grey, Brick Red (MFT), and Soft Stone (PTI). I created a circle window using a Stitched Circle die (Lil' Inker Designs) and a Circle die (Spellbinders). I stamped a sentiment from For the Record set (SSS) in Versa Mark ink and white embossed. The star trails were cut out using Die-namics Sun, Moon, & Stars (MFT).


Next one is a shaped card and I used a color palette from this weeks Crazy 4 Challenges.

The card base was cut out from Kraft card stock using a Big Scalloped Square die (Spellbinders), then I stamped Wood Plank Background (MFT) onto it in Natural (MFT). For the circle panel I used a couple Circle dies (Spellbinders) and Fishnet Cover-Up Die-namics (MFT). I cut out the "hi" three times from Hawaiian Shores card stock (PTI) using Happy Hellos Die-namics (MFT), and layered them. I added a small heart to the "i". The flower was made with Summer Sunrise card stock (PTI) and  Gerbera Daisy Die-namics (MFT).

It's always so fun to create very different cards based on the same sketch!:)

Thank you for stopping by.
** You're Pretty Amazing **


** hi **

9 comments:

  1. Two brilliant cards, Torico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card for the C4C challenge - love the shape of it. I like your first card too!
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice color combo with the gray and coral. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cards, Torico! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! I absolutely love both of these!! Fabulous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsie for pretty cards.. My oh my - You have such a great bunch of items to make what you like.. I am amazed how beautiful you can do it!! ... Thank you so much for sharing

    My humble contribution is here: http://cordes.re/blg/wind/

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards. Adore the neutral colors of that first card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think both your cards are pretty amazing. They look great!

    ReplyDelete