retro sketches #149

January 20, 2015

My latest purchases from Simon Says Stamp arrived a few days ago, so I just wanted to play with some of them.:)
I was inspired by the Retro Sketches #149 to create today's shaker card.



I started with a white panel and stenciled the background using Star Dust mini stencil (Memory Box), Berrylicious Dye ink (MFT), Banana Split Dye ink (MFT), and Butter Bar ink (Hero Arts).


Then I cut out a frame from the panel with Mat Stack 4 die (PTI) and Oval Stax 1 Die-namics (MFT), and adhered a piece of acetate to the oval window. I die-cut another Mat Stack 4 panel, blended Berrylicious ink and Banana Split ink, and inlaid it to the base panel.


For the confetti I mixed some sequins (Doodlebug) and star shaped glitter (Martha Stewart).
I die-cut the "wishing" from a piece of glitter paper with the Wishing die (Simon Says Stamp). The sentiment, which is from Sending and Wishing stamp set (SSS), was  stamped onto a slip of black CS and white embossed.

Thank you for stopping by!

19 comments:

  1. Love this shiny gorgeous card, Torico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous shaker! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Torico! I absolutely love this card. Your did a fantastic job on this. I can't wait to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is breathtaking!! I love the CAS design on this card. I also love the ombre effect behind the shaker box. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the blending you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card; love the shaker and the beautiful colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! There are so many sketch challenger out in blog land that my first comment referred to the wrong one! My bad!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous card! Thanks for giving all the details about how you made it. Congratulations on being recognized by Simon Says Stamp, that's how I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous card! Thanks for giving all the details about how you made it. Congratulations on being recognized by Simon Says Stamp, that's how I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors you used are just lovely. I also found you on the Spotted segment of SSS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder you were "spotted" by Simon Says!!! You deserve it with this gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card! The color and design both just grabbed my attention! I like how you did the stars especially. I found your blog from Simon Says Stamp.

    ReplyDelete