FMS172 & JUGS #279

February 8, 2015

Happy Sunday! :D
Today I'm sharing a card I made for the Fleshly Made Sketches #172 and the Just Us Girls Challenge #279 which theme is "Love".



I started with coloring my focal image, which is from the Furry Affection stamp set by Penny Black. I colored it with Copics and cut it out with a craft knife.


As they are holding an umbrella, I wanted to make a rainy-ish (Is this a word? LOL. I mean "not a real rainy scene") background for them. So I picked up the Large Dots stencil (SSS) and blended some Soft Pool ink and Pool ink (Hero Arts).


After I stamped a tail from the Perk Up set (MFT) in Hot Fudge Hybrid ink, I added two hearts that were die-cut with Blueprints 8 and Tag Builder Blueprints 3. They were slightly distressed with some Vintage Photo ink to match with my coloring on the umbrella. -- Just a little, but it did make a difference. If I had kept my coloring more simple and flat, I didn't need to do this.

The scalloped panels were cut from Sno Cone CS and Tropical Teal CS using Stitched Scallop Edges Die-namics, and I stamped the Sno Cone panel with the Diagonal Stripes BG. The sentiment is from the Talk Bubbles 2 set (SSS).

Thank you for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card - your kitties are so beautifully coloured and the fussy cutting is great ;) Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is adorable! Beautifully colored and oh so,sweet! Love the stitched scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! So sweet! I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card with those kitties and floating balloons. Thanks for joining us this week at Just us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute kitties!
    like the washed out umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously cute! Those little cats are too adorable and your coloring is fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Torico, I love anything and everything you put your creative mind and hand to! Just the sweetest ever <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely adorable card! Love the subtle dots in the background and those hearts! Super job! Thank you so much for playing with the girls and I at JUGS! We appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello
    Love your fabulous card... The stencilled Background is gorgeous
    You could enter your card into penny Black Saturday challenge... The theme is Hearts...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Torico, I saw your cats in Instagram. What a wonderful colouring! The fading stencilled background is so tender :)

    ReplyDelete